Tools and Resources
Want to manage your money like a ninja? You’ve come to the right place. Welcome to the Toolbox, a virtual arsenal of calculators, podcasts, tools, tips, resources and more – all created for the sole purpose of catapulting you to financial stability.
Ready to crunch some numbers? Click the title of the calculator you want to use and get started!
- To help keep track of all your numbers, try out our Budget worksheet
- Home Budget Analysis: Managing your monthly budget can be difficult and frustrating. One of the most important aspects of controlling your budget is to determine where your money is going. Enter the Home Budget Analysis.
- Debt to Income Ratio: Looking to buy a car or home? Knowing your debt to income ratio is an important measure in determining your ability to get a loan.
- Lunch Savings: Even a simple change, like bringing lunch from home, can make a difference. Find out just how far a little lunch savings can go.
- 401k Savings Calculator: A 401(k) can be one of your best tools for creating a secure retirement. See why this is a retirement savings plan you cannot afford to pass up.
Want to boost your financial know-how on the go? Our FREE informative podcast series is just the ticket.
Regardless of your spending habits, there are lots of ways to Feed the Pig. While the savings from changing a single habit may not seem like much at first, making changes in a few areas of your life can add up to big bucks within a single year. Here are some of our favorite financial tips.
Weekly Savings Tip: The 3-3-3 Rule
Tax Day has come and gone. Now to decide what to do with your tax refund! Instead of trying to choose whether to pay off debt, save it or use it for something fun, why not do it all? Try the 3-3-3 approach: use one-third to pay down your highest interest rate debt, one-third to pad your emergency fund and one-third to spend on something fun. This way you're moving closer to your long-term goals without totally giving up an immediate reward.
Public Service Announcements
View our PSA videos below.
There are a lot of resources out there. Here are some that we like:
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy is a national volunteer effort of the nation’s Certified Public Accountants to help Americans understand their personal finances and develop money management skills. It focuses on financial education as a lifelong endeavor—from children learning about the value of money to adults reaching a secure retirement.
- 360 Degrees of Taxes Tax planning is most effective when integrated with a taxpayer’s overall financial plans, and that financial and tax planning should happen all year long rather than just at tax time. 360 Degrees of Taxes is an extension of the AICPA’s successful 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy program, a free effort of the nation’s certified public accountants to help Americans understand their personal finances through every stage of life.
- Ask the Money Doctor The Money Doctors are a volunteer panel of qualified CPAs that have attained the Personal Financial Specialists (PFS) credential for comprehensive financial planning, and are here to answer your financial planning questions. The program is offered as a public service through 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy and is designed to help and protect consumers by providing guidance on basic financial planning issues.
- MyMoney.Gov Starting point for information intended by the U.S. government to help improve the financial literacy and education of persons in the United States.
- America Saves America Saves is a national campaign involving more than 1,000 non-profit, government, and corporate groups that encourages individuals and families to save money and build personal wealth.